Saturday, October 23, 2010

Is It Everything You Thought It Would Be?

I get that question often. The world, or at least those apart of my world want to know if my move to L.A was everything I thought it would be. The short answer to that is, no. And now for the longer answer. The city itself is everything I thought it would be. Fast cars, cranky people, too many ethnicities to count, and all the languages start to sound alike, unfortunately none of it sounds like English. But what I am doing in it is nothing like I planned. Plans are funny that way. We make them thinking that we are somehow the center of the universe and everything should work out the way that we want it to because it is after all about us. If only that were true. Life happens and the life I have tomorrow could be very much the same as the life I had today or it could look nothing like it, the truth is that I won't know until tomorrow. The life I have today looks absolutely nothing like I thought it would a year ago. Life happens. It's the attitude that you live life with that counts. I could be bent out of shape that things aren't going exactly as I planned for them to. However if I did that my world would be very dark and few would dare to enter it. My dreams aren't going anywhere unless I send them away and I have no intentions of doing that so if life happens along the way that's okay. My life is nothing like I thought it would be when I moved here, but that doesn't mean that my life is bad or that I made the wrong decision. I am actually quite confident that I made the right decision and things will unfold exactly as they are supposed to. There is no point in rushing through life to get to the end of it and find that you missed out on most of it because you saw your dreams and nothing else along the way. Don't sacrifice your dreams for the sake of a the life you think you should have, but don't sacrifice your life for the sake of the dreams you want to reach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment