Thursday, October 7, 2010

Each Coming Night

Ever take a drive and then when you finally stop realize you don't know where you've been, what you've seen, or how long you've been gone? I took a drive tonight and don't remember much. I was never not looking out the windshield, but the whole time I looked past the other cars, the lines on the road, and the streetlights. Traffic could have been bumper to bumper or I could have been all alone, it wouldn't have made a difference to me. I wouldn't have noticed. My eyes were looking forward, but what I was seeing wasn't in front of me. All I could see was the past few hours replaying over and over again...


I watched The Last Song, a movie I had already seen, a book I have already read. For some reason the plot eluded me because it wasn't until Ronnie's dad was collapsed on the sand that I remembered how it ended. I forgot that one of the things that makes Nicholas Sparks such a greater writer is his ability to write these intricately woven tragically happy endings. My stubbornness has always kept me from stopping a movie regardless of the reason, so once again I watched my future unfold on the big screen...


It's a crazy life that I am living, one I constantly question if I am strong enough to live...

No comments:

Post a Comment