Thursday, January 20, 2011

He Rescued Me from Myself

I honestly have no idea what it's like to live a life without God in my face, or at least close by. And I used to always think that was a bad thing. I used to wonder how He could be my Savior if there was nothing He was rescuing me from. My parents are still married, I wasn't abused, I avoided most of the suffering that my friends didn't get to, and so for the longest time I couldn't see the pit that He had pulled me out of. Then, it finally clicked. The thing that poses the biggest threat to me, the only real danger that's lurking in the darkness is myself. The devil can't make me do anything and God won't make me do anything, I have control. I make the decisions that put me in harms way or keeps me far from it. It's not about being rescued from a situation or a circumstance or even another person. It's about being rescued from your own self-destructive tendencies. Everything the world has to offer is like a high, it feels good for a little while, but then the feeling is gone. The next time you have to up the annie in order to get the same whimsical, euphoric result and before you know it you're in a hole so deep you can't even see the surface to climb out. No one dug the hole for you, it wasn't put in your way to provide kicks and giggles for someone else, you did it. I did it. Isn't it ironic how a high can bring you lower than you ever thought possible?! God didn't rescue me from a moment in time, He rescues me everyday from myself. The smart thing to do is to not fight Him.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome the goddess of the moon and the night,
    Bless us with wisdom, bless us with might.
    Give us tonight, the power to heal,
    The power to release the magick so real.

    ...thanks!...sweet Lady!

    ReplyDelete