Saturday, June 26, 2010

An Excerpt From A Book With No Title

"We walked to where we would live for the next week in almost complete silence. There was the occasional question, but I’ve never been much for small talk and I think that she could sense that. Looking back on that moment, those brief minutes of walking down a gravel path I remember feeling jealous. I didn’t know this girl, but there was something about her that made me want to be like her and that scared me. It wasn’t the first time that I had experienced jealousy, but it was the first time that I felt it so strongly towards a stranger. In those moments the other word that came to mind was ‘unworthy’. She was beautiful, funny, comfortable, and I knew that there was some God-given talent that completed the package. In my book this girl was “cool”. I felt inferior and in awe all that once. I don’t know what kind of first impression I made on her, but this was what I saw from where I stood. Little did I know that it would set a precedent for the years that followed."

No comments:

Post a Comment