Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Its The Little Things

Today was a very busy day with getting ready for Hawaii and all. But there was one thing that I absolutely could not leave the continnental united states without doing, and that was make sure my best friend felt special on her birthday (which is tomorrow). I posted a picture of gray converse because shes been wanting a pair for a while, so I ordered them online from Journeys and they should be arriving at her front door in a matter of days.

I usually make a really BIG deal about her birthday, (she in turn would make a big deal about mine). Everyone should be made to feel special on a daily basis, but if that doesnt happen, if theres only one day where someone is recognized then it should be their birthday. This year Hilary is working, shes living in a town without her friends, and her family isnt the big party throwing type. She was okay with all of that, but something small and unexpected can do wonders in making someone feel special. My gift to her wasnt really the shoes, it was letting her know that a thousand miles is not at all a deterrant to finding some way to spoil her. 

The wonderful thing is knowing that my simple unexpected gesture made her excited for her birthday! For me, knowing that, puts the biggest smile on my face. The feeling that I get, knowing that shes happy, far surpasses my excitement for Hawaii! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HILARY ALAYNE STOCKTON!

Make year 23 one to remember!  

No comments:

Post a Comment