Friday, January 22, 2010

Come Take A Walk With Me

i took a walk today and i never moved beyond the four walls of my storage unit. im not taking it all with me, not yet anyway, and i dont want to store it all, so i went through it all, box by box.


i found things i couldnt believe i still had, random gifts from friends that i could help but laugh at. countless pictures of embarrassing moments i would rather forget, but i keep them around so i dont. and the further i dove into my past the more i realized how far ive come. how much ive learned. how much ive grown up. i recognized the pieces of me that i left behind so that other parts of me could grow stronger. i skimmed through old notebooks and laughed awkwardly at myself and the way i use to write. i reflected on the "good old days" and remembered that God promises its only going to get better(and i consider my past a tough act to follow). 


my walk was bitter sweet, but more sweet moments that bitter ones littered it. i have a painfully beautiful and blessed history. 

"and every tear that had to fall from my eyes, from everyday i wondered how id get through the night, from every change life has thrown me, im thankful for every break in my heart, im grateful for every start, some pages turned, some bridges burned, but there were lessons learned." carrie underwood

No comments:

Post a Comment