Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hush Little Baby...

Sometimes God heals your hurts by taking the hurtful things from you. Sometimes He does it by asking you to lay it down and doesn't tell you if you'll be picking it back up again. Sometimes He does it by simply having you work through it with wisdom and grace. And sometimes He uses a completely different situation to restore what you thought you lost for good. 


This past week I had one conversation that put so much into perspective for me. God brought to the surface a hurt that I had not yet openly confronted because I didn't like talking about the fact that I had been hurt at all. God cares enough that I don't like talking about it to know that I need to talk about it and to provide an opportunity for it to happen. Well, it happened. And no, I didn't like it, but I am so grateful for it! Sometimes we have to speak our fears out loud to realize how ridiculous they sound! My fear sounded ridiculous (so said my friend), but it stemmed from a truth and so was very real for me. Needless to say, it's not real anymore. God is using an entirely different situation, and a brand new friendship to restore things in me that I had been previously robbed of. It's amazing and God is so faithful! 


After the conversation I just felt this peace come over me! It's a beautiful thing when God whispers in your ear that everything is going to be alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment