Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting to Know Myself

There's nothing quite like having everything important to you slowly stripped away from you. Nothing like that emptiness to force you to look at yourself. And strange things happen when you get to know you.


I've learned what makes me tick, my pet peeves, the quickest way to make me happy. I know that putting pen to paper is the quickest way to clarity. Music never fails to place me in the position to feel...anything. I enjoy getting to know me, I'm not always the greatest company, but it's worth it.


The only downside to knowing myself so well is knowing what to avoid when I don't want clarity or when I don't want to feel or do the right thing. They say that the very thing you try so hard to forget eventually becomes the only thing you remember. So I spend all day trying to forget that I know me and what will keep me from insanity, but by nightfall it's all I remember and the only thing holding my attention. I have no choice but to come to the only place that makes sense.


So here I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment